Bitbake for imx8 fails

Hi ,

I am trying to build an Image for apalis imx8. I am following steps mentioned in below link

For BSP version 5.0

When i perform bitbake for tdx-reference-multimedia-image

following fetch error is received

ERROR: kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv-6.4.3.p1.4-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command export PSEUDO_DISABLED=1; export PATH=“/home/rms45/oe-core/build/tmp/sysroots-uninative/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/rms45/oe-core/layers/openembedded-core/scripts:/home/rms45/oe-core/build/tmp/work/apalis_imx8-tdx-linux/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv/6.4.3.p1.4-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-tdx-linux:/home/rms45/oe-core/build/tmp/work/apalis_imx8-tdx-linux/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv/6.4.3.p1.4-r0/recipe-sysroot/usr/bin/crossscripts:/home/rms45/oe-core/build/tmp/work/apalis_imx8-tdx-linux/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv/6.4.3.p1.4-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin:/home/rms45/oe-core/build/tmp/work/apalis_imx8-tdx-linux/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv/6.4.3.p1.4-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin:/home/rms45/oe-core/build/tmp/work/apalis_imx8-tdx-linux/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv/6.4.3.p1.4-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/sbin:/home/rms45/oe-core/build/tmp/work/apalis_imx8-tdx-linux/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv/6.4.3.p1.4-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/bin:/home/rms45/oe-core/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/bin:/home/rms45/oe-core/build/tmp/hosttools”; export HOME=“/home/rms45”; LANG=C git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 fetch -f --progress “https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx.git” refs/:refs/ failed with exit code 128, no output
ERROR: kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv-6.4.3.p1.4-r0 do_fetch: Bitbake Fetcher Error: FetchError(‘Unable to fetch URL from any source.’, ‘git://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx.git;protocol=https;branch=imx_5.4.70_2.3.0;subpath=drivers/mxc/gpu-viv;destsuffix=git/src’)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/rms45/oe-core/build/tmp/work/apalis_imx8-tdx-linux/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv/6.4.3.p1.4-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.20082
ERROR: Task (/home/rms45/oe-core/build/…/layers/meta-toradex-nxp/backports/recipes-kernel/kernel-modules/kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv_6.4.3.p1.4.bb:do_fetch) failed with exit code ‘1’

Can you please suggest a resolution ?

Hi @knaneesh !

Your issue is related to some problem related to your computer not being able to fetch the sources from the repository.

I just quickly tried to fetch the sources of the recipe kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv and I had no problem. Also, you can access the same repository from your browser to check: linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel

Maybe you just saw a connection hiccup or a server hiccup?

Could you try again?

Best regards,

Hi Henrique,

I am able to access the link, but I am not able to proceed after trying again. If this could be something related to my system environment. Could you suggest some clues on what could be issues
?

Hi @knaneesh !

It is hard to pin a specific reason for your issue.

You can try to start the build from zero after deleting everything related to it.

Unfortunately, this method is not uncommon when we have problems with Yocto, as trying to actually sort out the cause can take more time than starting from zero.

Best regards,

Hi Henrique,

The Problem is fixed now. I think problem was with ca- certificates. I reinstalled it with following command to fix it.
sudo apt install --reinstall ca-certificates

Thanks for your time and support

Regards,
Aneesh K N

We have the same problem with Torizon BSP 5.6.0, it is taking enormous amount of time to fetch and in the end it gives up. Only 1 out 10 attempt successful.

It seem URL is not reachable via some ISP/IP addresses.

Do we have alternate URL that we can use via BBAPPEND?

Hi @dpatel !

As this is an old issue and might not be related to your current problem, please create a new question.

Don’t forget to give as much information as possible, like module, hardware and software versions, carrier board, URL that is failing.

Best regards,

Issue is related to kind of the same. For some reason, upstream repo git fetch is not working so mirror server fetch from openembedded is being used. However both failing to fetch & compile “kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv”