Bitbake error: nothing provides 'console-tdx-image'. close match: 'console-tdx-image'

I am trying to build console image from source for Colibri imx6ULL form source

After executing # . export the system offers ‘console-tdx-image’ as one of the image alternatives.
The stated image exists in the ‘meta-toradex-demos’ layer and that layer is in the bblayers.conf file.

If I run bitbake angstrom-lxde-image, this image is found ok and that recipe is in the same directory as the console-tdx-image

The only changes i made to local.conf are:
MACHINE ?= “colibri-imx6ull”
SDKMACHINE ?= “x86_64”
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = “debug-tweaks package-management dev-pkgs”
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “packagegroup-sdk-target”
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = “1”

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Also, I need to add a patch ‘toradex_4.9-1.0.x-imx-next’. Where can I locate this patch? I presume once I locate this file I can simply add it to the recipe directory and add a reference: SRC_URI+=" file://filename" and the patch will be included?

Is that correct?

Hi

bitbake error: nothing provides ‘console-tdx-image’. close match: ‘console-tdx-image’

That seems rather strange.

Could it be that you did a spelling mistake in ‘console-tdx-image’, e.g. 1 vs l or a special ‘-’ character?

Also, I need to add a patch ‘toradex_4.9-1.0.x-imx-next’. Where can I locate this patch? I presume once I locate this file I can simply add it to the recipe directory and add a reference: SRC_URI+=" file://filename" and the patch will be included?

This is a misunderstanding. ‘toradex_4.9-1.0.x-imx-next’ is the branch in the kernel git where we are actively developing and which we sometimes rebase. ‘toradex_4.9-1.0.x-imx’ is the branch where reviewed work ends up and which never should have its history rewritten.

So if you want to build something of ‘toradex_4.9-1.0.x-imx-next’ you would find change the kernel recipe’s SRCBRANCH and SRC_REV to point to ‘toradex_4.9-1.0.x-imx-next’ and the needed git hash of the version you want to build.

Alternatively you could pick one commit you want to have applied on top of what you currently build by preparing a patch file for that commit, e.g. by downloading it in as a patch from the web interface of the kernel and then add the patch file to SRC_URI. Note that the file name must end in *.patch to have bitbake automatically apply a patch.

Max

Bitbake was successful after i erased and re-installed oe-core. However the patch is not working. I tried both ways described.

FIRST METHOD. I changed the recipie /layers/meta-toradex-nxp/recipeies-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_4.9-1.0.x.bb by modifying the follwing two variables:

SRCREV = "731e809d3e4a14e49756bd4158b98c69e39a8459"
SRCBRANCH = "toradex_4.9-1.0.x-imx-next"

I didnt know where to get the git hash for all the patches together, so I used the git hash I obtained by moving up the commit tree from the patch until i got to the head. I rebuilt the image without any errors but the patch did not fix the problem of powering up correctly after standby.

SECOND METHOD. I downloaded the patch and created a file called fix_powerup.patch. The patch file is as follows:

diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-imx/gpc.c b/arch/arm/mach-imx/gpc.c
index 551ecd0..75a09e0 100644
--- a/arch/arm/mach-imx/gpc.c
+++ b/arch/arm/mach-imx/gpc.c
@@ -198,6 +198,7 @@ unsigned int imx_gpc_is_mf_mix_off(void)

static void imx_gpc_mf_mix_off(void)
 {
+#if 0
 	int i;

for (i = 0; i < IMR_NUM; i++)
@@ -208,6 +209,7 @@ static void imx_gpc_mf_mix_off(void)
 	pr_info("Turn off M/F mix!\n");
 	/* turn off mega/fast mix */
 	writel_relaxed(0x1, gpc_base + GPC_PGC_MF_PDN);
+#endif
 }

void imx_gpc_set_arm_power_up_timing(u32 sw2iso, u32 sw)

I placed this file in the directory:
oe-core/layers/meta-toradex-nxp/recepies/kernel/linux/linux-toradex-4.9-1.0.x/

Using the original linux-toradex_4.9-1.0.x.bb receipie, I added an extra line to SRC_URI
" file://fix_powerup.patch " after adding a " \ to the end of the previous line.
When i try to build the image i get the follwing error.

ERROR: linux-toradex-4.9-1.0.x+gitAUTOINC+07d40f6ffc-r0 do_patch: Command Error: 'quilt --quiltrc /home/lachlan/toradex/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/colibri_imx6ull-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-toradex/4.9-1.0.x+gitAUTOINC+07d40f6ffc-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc push' exited with 0  Output:
Applying patch fix_powerup.patch
patching file arch/arm/mach-imx/gpc.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 198.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 208.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file arch/arm/mach-imx/gpc.c
Patch fix_powerup.patch can be reverse-applied
ERROR: linux-toradex-4.9-1.0.x+gitAUTOINC+07d40f6ffc-r0 do_patch: Function failed: patch_do_patch
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/lachlan/toradex/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/colibri_imx6ull-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-toradex/4.9-1.0.x+gitAUTOINC+07d40f6ffc-r0/temp/log.do_patch.2883
ERROR: Task (/home/lachlan/toradex/oe-core/build/../layers/meta-toradex-nxp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_4.9-1.0.x.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1'

If I look at the source in
/home/lachlan/toradex/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work-shared/colibri-imx6ull/kernel-source/arch/arm/mach-imx/gpc.c
I see that the contenets already include the #if 0 and #endif that the patch is trying to add. But the power-up problem still occurs.

Any advice on how to successfully apply the patch with both methods would be appreciated, especially the second method because there is another patch i would like to apply to the image.

Hi

I rebuilt the image without any errors but the patch did not fix the problem of powering up correctly after standby.
Could you please ask for this issue in a new question, since this is not related at all to bitbake compilation problems?

If I look at the source in /home/lachlan/toradex/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work-shared/colibri-imx6ull/kernel-source/arch/arm/mach-imx/gpc.c I see that the contenets already include the #if 0 and #endif that the patch is trying to add.

I assume, thats why the patch is failing.

But the power-up problem still occurs.
As above, please create a new question.