Bash missing in 6.2.0 image

We are attempting to migrate our Colibri board env to 6.2.0 image.
Loading the 6.2.0 build was straightforward using the EasyLoader:
However, when trying to run our custom shell scripts on the system, they would not run and I quickly figured out the reason was that our scripts specify #!/bin/bash and /bin/bash is not present on the image that I loaded:
root@colibri-imx6-10987852:~# cat /etc/shells

/etc/shells: valid login shells

/bin/sh
root@colibri-imx6-10987852:~#

Does it make sense that the new image does not have bash whereas the old image does?
Is there an easy way for me to make a “derivative” of this new image that includes bash (and hopefully other configurations, packages, etc as we progress)?

Thanks,

Colibri iMX6DL 512MB V1.1A, 1.1Y
Colibri Eval Board Rev 3.2
(new) Colibri iMX6 6.2.0 ← (old) Colibri iMX6 3.0.4
Linux version 6.1.22-6.2.0+git.3b29299e5f60 (oe-user@oe-host) (arm-tdx-linux-gnueabi-gcc (GCC) 11.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.38.20220708) #1 SMP Thu Mar 30 10:49:31 UTC 2023

Greetings @EvanE,

By design our minimal image does not have the bash interpreter, it uses a minimal busybox implementation. That said, our multimedia reference image does have bash by default. That said both of these images are reference images and are not necessarily meant to be used as is for a final system. If you want to add additional packages and other things then it’s expected you use the Yocto build-system to do so: Build a Reference Image with Yocto Project/OpenEmbedded | Toradex Developer Center

You can start by building a reference image then adding whatever you need for your project.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Please refer to this thread - curl - Turning a bash script into a busybox script - Stack Overflow