Apalis TK1 + Kernel 5.4

Hi,
According to your website the BSP 5 will use kernel 5.4 (toradex_5.4.y) as the mainline kernel for the TK1. It seems that there is no stable BSP 5 (i am a bit confused about which BSP version is ment for what purpose). Is there a way to somehow “use” this kernel version in an image based on the BSP2.8?
Regards

Not easily no. Please also note that this upstream Linux kernel version is not quite as feature complete as previous downstream variants. E.g. hardware accelerated multimedia is not integrated and NVIDIA proprietary CUDA probably will never ever be possible.

Too bad. I have tested the 5.0.0 BSP to check the support for various wifi/bt cards and it’s much better then before (4.14).

Thanks for the feedback. I think depending on your requirements, you need to choose between mainline kernel and downstream kernel.

@jaski.tx We dropped the downstream kernel a while ago and switched to the mainline kernel 4.14. It’s okay to loose the gpu as long as USB3.0, Ethernet and K20 is working. I am wondering, is this the case in the 5.0 BSP?

It’s okay to loose the gpu

The GPU should actually work finewith Nouveau but neither with CUDA nor any hardware accelerated multimedia.

as long as USB3.0, Ethernet and K20 is working.

Yes, those should.

am wondering, is this the case in the 5.0 BSP?

Sure.