Apalis TK RAW Camera Sensor Support

Hello,

I am about to receive my Apalis TK1 board (Monday). I intend to use the IMX214 Camera Sensor where I will rely on the Tegra ISP for conversion of the Raw Bayer stream and compression. Initially though, I plan to get the OV5640 working in YUV mode to familiarize myself with the setup bypassing the ISP.

My question:

• Does the OpenEmbedded BSP support using the Tegra ISP for Raw (Bayer) camera sensor support or does it just support YUV camera sensors which can bypass the ISP?
  • If it does support using the ISP for Raw camera sensors, is there a working example I can reference?
  • Does it matter whether I use the apalis-tk1 or apalis-tk1-mainline?

Thanks.

Justin

As with previous Linux for Tegra aka L4T versions there is no open-source ISP support available. Mainline so far does not support any cameras at all.

Thanks for the quick response. So is the takeaway that I should not plan to utilize the ISP for a solution that is built around the Apalis TK1 board? Or is there another option such as working directly with NVIDIA?

Thanks for the quick response.

You are very welcome.

So is the takeaway that I should not plan to utilize the ISP for a solution that is built around the Apalis TK1 board?

This has really nothing to do with Apalis TK1 as unfortunately the regular L4T does not really allow for easy ISP usage on TK1.

Or is there another option such as working directly with NVIDIA?

You may of course directly work with NVIDIA.