[Apalis T30] gst-launch crashed

Hi all,

I try to playback the MP4 video file using gst-launch, e.g. as described here:
http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/video-playback-(linux)#Video_BSP_V2x

• I have installed gst plugins, good, base, bad, ugly, and the libav library.
  • I have played the video using simple Qt5 QML application with the Video item

BUT: When I try to launch my video from the remote ssh session, the gst-launch crashed (I have tried different video sinks):

• $gst-launch filesrc location=/home/root/deploy-apps/welcome.mp4 ! nv_omx_hdmi_videosink
  • $gst-launch filesrc location=/home/root/deploy-apps/welcome.mp4 ! qtdemux ! nv_omx_h264dec ! nv_omx_hdmi_videosink
  • $gst-launch filesrc location=/home/root/deploy-apps/welcome.mp4 ! qtdemux ! nv_omx_h264dec ! nv_gl_eglimagesink
  • $gst-launch filesrc location=/home/root/deploy-apps/welcome.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! nv_omx_h264dec ! nv_gl_eglimagesink demux.audio_00 ! nv_omx_aacdec ! alsasink device=hw:1,0

I have this error output:

Caught SIGSEGV accessing address 0x124
exec gdb failed: No such file or directory
Spinning. Please run ‘gdb gst-launch 1885’ to continue debugging, Ctrl-C to quit, or Ctrl-\ to dump core.
^CCaught interrupt – ^C

What I’m doing wrong?

UPD: gst-launch even crashed when it running without any params:

root@apalis-t30:~/deploy-apps# gst-launch
Spinning.  Please run 'gdb gst-launch 1901' to continue debugging, Ctrl-C to quit, or Ctrl-\ to dump core.
^CCaught interrupt -- ^C
root@apalis-t30:~/deploy-apps#

Can you share the welcome.mp4 file which you try to play? Also did you check with our latest 2.6 Beta 2 release?

Same problem here. Even without arguments

root@apalis-t30:~# gst-launch                                                 
Spinning.  Please run 'gdb gst-launch 671' to continue debugging, Ctrl-C to quit, or Ctrl-\ to dump core.
^CCaught interrupt -- ^C

I think it started after doing:

opkg install gst-plugins-good-rtsp

Seems the plugins installed via feeds are somehow broken, may be you can try building the required gst plugins along with the image by appending the required plugins here in the image recipe and build the image. Instructions related to Open Embedded build are available in this article.

Thanks bhuvan, I will try to build the image.
any ideas on how to get to a working gst-launch? the opkg option --force-downgrade doesn’t seem to work.

I solved reflashing the image 2.6.1 and installing the package in this way

opkg install gst-plugins-good-rtsp --nodeps --no-install-recommends

I have the same problem, resolved following the answer of Sengir. Many thanks.