Apalis Modules doesnot have a default MAC Address

Hallo Toradex,
I am a development Engineer at Ek-team Gmbh. We are using Apalis Imx 6 module in our company. We are facing a problem with the MAC Address. Some of the Apalis modules doesn’t have a default MAC Address. We have tried our best to assign it manually, but it is now a day quite often that the Apalis modules doesn’t have MAC Addresses. Should we deliver it back to the Toradex ? Thank you.

Dear @farooq,

Could you please confirm which exact module and version you’re facing this issue with?

Best regards,

Dear Claudino,
We are using Apalis IMX6Q 1 GB v1.1B. Some times the whole box doesn’t have any MAC Address. Thank you.

Dear @farooq, thanks for the update.

Could you please try to run this on U-boot: cfgblock create -y <PID8><8-digit-serialnumber-from-the-label>? If you don’t have the PID8 (Ordering Information and Product Identification (PID, PID4 and PID8) | Toradex Developer Center), you could try to use cfgblock create on U-Boot.

Are these modules that you’re facing the issue new?

Best regards,

Dear @farooq,

How are you? Do you have any news on this topic?

Best regards,

Dear Claudino,
Thanks for your patience. Yesterday i have run the command you have mentioned but still the MAC Address is not assigned. I have checked with HR, the complete box doesnt have default MAC address assigned. My HR team will contact with toradex soon by email. Thank you.

Regards,
Farooq Ahmad

Hi @farooq,

Thanks for updating. If you want to shift this to e-mail, please remember to link this thread and also share the output of the commands that you’ve tested with the config block on u-boot.

Best regards,
Guilherme