Apalis imx6 Mainline Kernel Compilation

All,
There is a nice guide explain compilation of mainline kernel for Apalis T30.
I am wondering if we can compile the mainline kernel for “Apalis iMX6” serries as well or not?

Can you please advise what is the default configuration file for imx6 serries?
I only see “tegra_defconfig” in mainline config folder which is for T30 modules.What about iMX6 modules?

Can we use existing “imx_v6_v7_defconfig” in mainline kernel for all Apalis iMX6 serries SoCs???
Can one also says what will be the DTB file name for iMX6 modules as well.

I appreciate your help…

Can we use existing “imx_v6_v7_defconfig” in mainline kernel for all Apalis iMX6 serries SoCs???

Yes, you can use imx_v6_v7_defconfig

Can one also says what will be the DTB file name for iMX6 modules as well.

imx6q-apalis-ixora.dtb

Thanks a bunch…
I’ll give it a go…

I believe the patch only applies to T30 and not iMX6. Can you try by disabling lcd_display and ldb and then check? Also I assume you are using an appropriate rootfs for the same. Vybrid’s rootfs can be used along with the iMX6 mainline kernel to have a correct user space setup.

Dear Marcel/@bhuvan.tx
After changing the u-boot emmcargs to load the rootfs from “/dev/mmcblk1p2” (as per mainline kernel), I could get into the login prompt seeing in serial console.

Similar to issue we had with Apalis T30, I only can see that in serial and there is not any HDMI display at all.

As per Mr Marcel advised, there was a patch (HERE) he set for fixing the Apalis T30 to show the HDMI display and it was working fine.
It was some change on “tegra30.dtsi” as well (HERE)
I am using the same kernel folder to compile the kernel for iMX6 now therefore the patch already applied but it didn’t fixed the iMX6 HDMI display.

Can you please advise how we can adjust that to work with iMX6 modules?
If there is changes in dtsi file, what dtsi file should be fixed to work with iMX6Q IT module?

No, I was using my own Lubuntu 16.04.2 LTS rootfs for Apalis T30.
It was just fine with Apalis T30 I even can get the xserver and login to desktop.

For iMX6, the rootfs for iMX6 is Ubuntu 16.04.2 minimal. I can see the login prompt in serial so the rootfs is ok.
The problem is that there is not any HDMI output at all.

By the way, where/how do I can disable “lcd_display” and “ldb”? can you please specifically mention that?
also which file?

The links are included in my earlier comment and point to the exact location for the change.

Dear sanchayan.tx,
Disabling those two nodes resolved the issue and now I have HDMI display.

Many thanks