Apalis_imx6_deconfig file missing building Linux kernel from source

I have a new Apalis iMX6 D 512 on an Ixora card. I’m following “Build U-Boot and Linux Kernel from Source Code”, the Linux Kernel section. I run:
sudo git clone -b toradex_imx_3.14.52_1.1.0_ga git://git.toradex.com/linux-toradex.git
which seems to run without error.
from the linux-toradex directory I then command:
colin@colin-Inspiron-5548:/home/linux-toradex$ sudo git clone -b toradex_imx_3.14.52_1.1.0_ga git://git.toradex.com/linux-toradex.git
Then when I run:
sudo make apalis_imx6_defconfig
I get: Can’t find default configuration “arch/x86/configs/apalis_imx6_defconfig”!

In arch/x86/configs/ I only have: i386_defconfig kvm_guest.config x86_64_defconfig

Did I get the wrong branch again? Look for a rookie mistake–since that’s me!

You can follow this answer point-for-point: http://www.toradex.com/community/answers/4837/view.html

It probably doesn’t make sense to create a dir in /home for this. Perhaps thats why you git clone’d with sudo. I’d recommend creating a dir somewhere else - maybe /home/colin. Avoid using root credentials for any of these steps. The major reason you had an error is because you didn’t export ARCH=arm, but that also tells me you probably didn’t follow the rest of the environment/toolchain setup. Please refer to the links in the answer above.

Thanks, This put me on the right direction and it’s working now. I think I missed a cd and then compounded the error.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the problem!

Hi all,

I have been seeing same issue such as “Can’t find default configuration “arch/arm/configs/apalis_imx6_defconfig”!”. And also, I searched for the defconfig file but nothing found inside the kernel-source directory (closer match is apalis_t30_defconfig) cloned from “git clone -b tegra git://git.toradex.com/linux-toradex.git”. I was able to compile u-boot from my cross compilation setup so I assume everything setup as mentioned in the document.
@Klonk, were you able to fix it with same board config?

thanks,
Manickaraj

Please do not hijack old threads. Create a new post for the issue. If you want to use Apalis iMX6, you need to clone the “toradex_4.1-2.0.x-imx” branch and not tegra. Please follow this article carefully.

@sanchayan, thanks, I cloned tegra branch but now it is fixed.

As already pointed here, ‘We have no experience with secure boot as e.g. provided by the NXP HAB mechanisms’.

Hi Sanchayan,

As you mentioned, I cloned apalis version of bootloader and it builds with default configuration but build fails as soon as I enable CONFIG_SECURE_BOOT=y.

arch/arm/imx-common/built-in.o: In function is_hab_enabled': /home/build/u-boot-toradex/arch/arm/imx-common/hab.c:267: undefined reference to fuse_read’
arch/arm/imx-common/built-in.o: In function blob_encap_dek': /home/build/u-boot-toradex/arch/arm/imx-common/cmd_dek.c:37: undefined reference to sec_init’
/home/build/u-boot-toradex/arch/arm/imx-common/cmd_dek.c:46: undefined reference to `blob_dek’

does U-boot version 2016.11-toradex support HABV4?

Thanks.

Ok, I understand it. Can I use NXP’s (freescale’s) BSP for apalis imx6 board instead of toradex BSP?

I am asking this question because of toradex BSP build fails with configure_secure_boot.

Thanks.

Ok, I understand it. Can I use NXP’s (freescale’s) BSP for apalis imx6 board instead of toradex BSP?

I doubt about that.

I am asking this question because of toradex BSP build fails with configure_secure_boot.

Well, as mentioned before we do not have any experience with any such.