Apalis Evaluation Board after the OS Installation, the connected monitor is not turning ON

Hello Sir/Madam
After the successful installation of OS, the connected monitor via DVI connector is blank always
For the first time during the OS installation I had connected via VGA[X24 connector]. The installation was successful. But upon re-booting the connected monitor was blank. Later going through this thread changed to DVI [X11 connector] but still the monitor is blank . Your guidance will be helpful

Thanks and Regards,
Amar V

But also I read the DVI connection to the Apalis Evaluation Board is default and no setting configurations are required

If by DVI you mean DVI-D resp. HDMI then yes. Otherwise, you will need to go through and configure it properly. Anyway, if you reveal what exact versions of things you are talking about we may actually be able to help you.

Thank you for the feedback. I am new into LINUX and ringing up of the hardware boards
Currently I have the Test Board: Toradex Apalis Evaluation Board V1.1A with the iMX6 Quad 2GB connected to the board slot. I have connected via the serial port using TeraTerm application on host PC. Its asking me for the login credentials

I went through the link suggested, but these required commands need to be typed in Tera Term application
Thanking you in anticipation

Regards,
Amar V

I have procured the hardware’s namely SoM: Apalis iMX6 Quad 2GB

And what exact hardware revision of it? S/N?

Carrier Board: Toradex Apalis Evaluation Board V1.1A Operating System to be Installed: LINUX

And what exact version of it?

Required for the HMI development using Qt.

Please note that our regular BSP demo image is GTK+ and NOT Qt based. For Qt you either build your own custom image or use the commercial Boot2Qt offering:

I was able to connect to monitor via VGA and installed the Toradex Demo Version which is stable

But what exact version of it? 2.7 (2018-01-04) or 2.8b6.184 (2019-04-01)?

But upon reboot, unable to connect via VGA again.

Well, as you already found out, the BSP defaults to DVI-D aka HDMI only.

Based on the link you shared: Display Output, Resolution and Timings (Linux) | Toradex Developer Center Need to know what commands can be used to set for VGA and monitor is up and working I have a windows system and have connected for the serial port access and able to view the logs.

You just need to enter the U-Boot console and type the following:

setenv vidargs 'mxc_hdmi.only_cea=1 video=mxcfb0:dev=vdac,640x480M@60,if=RGB565 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=32M'
saveenv
boot

Need your help in making the VGA connection up and working Thank you in advance

You are very welcome.

Dear Marcel,
I have procured the hardware’s namely
SoM: Apalis iMX6 Quad 2GB
Carrier Board: Toradex Apalis Evaluation Board V1.1A
Operating System to be Installed: LINUX

Required for the HMI development using Qt.
I was able to connect to monitor via VGA and installed the Toradex Demo Version which is stable
But upon reboot, unable to connect via VGA again. Based on the link you shared:

Need to know what commands can be used to set for VGA and monitor is up and working
I have a windows system and have connected for the serial port access and able to view the logs.
Need your help in making the VGA connection up and working
Thank you in advance

What exact hardware (module and carrier board) and software versions of things are you talking about?

Have you checked the following article on our developer website yet?

Dear SIr/Madam,

Thank you for the feedback. I was able to connect to the VGA Monitor and was working as expected upon entering the below mentioned commands:
setenv vidargs ‘video=mxcfb0:dev=vdac,1024x768M@60,if=RGB565 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=32M’
saveenv

But I wanted to install the Toradex Easy Installer via “Loading Toradex Easy Installer from an SD card”. Upon installation the VGA connection to the monitor is blank always. Request your help for the same

Thanks and Regards,
Amar V

Perfect, thanks for letting us know.

As for loading the Toradex Easy Installer from an SD card please do ask a new question.

Please note that should you have tried this with the 2.0b2 beta version then it currently won’t support the analogue VGA display interface but exclusively DVI-D aka HDMI. Revert to the 1.8 stable version which supports any and all display interfaces.