Add minicom to image

hello,
I would like to add a serial terminal like minicom to the Torizon image.
How can I do that?

Regards,
Rocco

Greetings @RoccoBr,

Just to clarify, are you asking for minicom on TorizonCore itself? Or will minicom in a container running on TorizonCore suffice?

If it’s the first one, then you’d need to rebuild the TorizonCore image with Yocto to add any new packages. Though I’d first like to understand why you need minicom on TorizonCore.

If it’s the second one, then you can just install minicom inside a container. This would be fairly simple using the Debian package manager or such, if you run a Debian-based container.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

hi Jeremias,
we have a modem on our board and we need to talk to it over the serial for debugging purpose.
I have found a workaround to install minicom in the TorizonCore image: I have installed minicom in our existing container, I have copied the installed binary (and the libtinfo library) in a temporary staging folder and I have passed the folder to torizoncore builder union command as --extra-changes-directory
Regards,
Rocco

That’s a interesting solution but I guess if it works, it works. Sounds like you got things more or less working then.