7" Capacitive Multi-Touch Display on IMX7

Hello,
I’m trying to start the 7" capacitive display on a IMX7D Colibri with Linux. I did not manage to get any thing on the screen (not even a blink on start!)

I follow the instructions provided there:

And I have some questions:

Also, what can I have a look to check Hardware setup? Voltage on pin screen, on touch extension card?
Any information to start have a look would be helpfull

Thank you
Antoine

Display configuration from the command line is not yet supported on Colibri iMX7. One need to select the ‘native-modehere in device tree to desired/available display timings. For TouchRevolution Fusion 7" display select ‘timing_wvga2’ as ‘native-mode’ .

e.g.:

native-mode = <&timing_wvga2>;

Do you have information about connection? What is the correct pin for X7/8 and X7/9? X10/41 and X10/42 or X10/27 and X10/28

X7 on capactive multi touch adapter has only 6 pins, I guess you are refering to X7/2 and X7/3 pins or X4/8 and X4/9 pins.

Linux and WinCE uses different pins for touch-reset and touch-interrupt. If using Linux refer this table here.

Sorry, I was talking about X4/8 and X4/9. I will take info from Linux specific page as correct.

Is it normal that, on start, nothing at all happened on the screen? I mean there not even a blink or anything!
Is there any way to check that connection is correct? Voltage on Adapter card…?

Another thing… Flat Cable on X34 connector from Colibri is supposed to be “Contacts shows to top”. But connector is vertical, so there is no top… How is it supposed to be connected?

Did you change the device tree as per the instructions provided here ?
At least one need to change the PWM setting accordingly.

The note in article refers to X6 on Capactive multitouch adapter not for X34 on Eval board. One need to make sure the connections b/w X3 and X34 are one-to-one.

Here: http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/capacitive-multi-touch-display-(linux)#Connection_to_the_Colibri_Evaluation_Board
There is a note for X3 on Display Adapter AND a note for X34 on Colibri Evaluation Board: Contacts shows to top. And there is no top as connector is vertical…

So… I change native-mode to “native-mode = <&timing_wvga2>;” Still nothing at all…

I have the following trace on start:

[    0.163705] 30730000.lcdif supply lcd not found, using dummy regulator

Btw, you said that commande line is not yet supported, but on Toradex page I can read:
“To configure the display resolution, different methods are available. The method using Linux kernel arguments (e.g. by using the U-Boot serial console to alter the environment variable vidargs) works on all our modules.”

You should update ALL informations on your web site when releasing new device… avoiding people to waste time on known issues.

Here: http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/capacitive-multi-touch-display-(linux)#Connection_to_the_Colibri_Evaluation_Board
There is a note for X3 on Display Adapter AND a note for X34 on Colibri Evaluation Board: Contacts shows to top. And there is no top as connector is vertical…

The block diagram seems to be not very clear. The connections b/w X34(Eval board) and X3(display adapter) are one-to-one, also the connector X34 on eval board
has contacts on only side, so one will need to connect it accordingly. Please have a look at this snapshot of

So… I change native-mode to “native-mode = <&timing_wvga2>;” Still nothing at all…

Does ‘xrandr’ shows the expected resolution ?

Btw, you said that commande line is not yet supported, but on Toradex page
I can read: “To configure the display resolution, different methods are
available. The method using Linux kernel arguments (e.g. by using the U-Boot
serial console to alter the environment variable vidargs) works on all our modules.”

You should update ALL informations on your web site when releasing new
device… avoiding people to waste time on known issues.

We are sorry! about that, as of now on iMX7 and on TK1 the vidargs kernel arguments
are not yet supported and we already started working on that. We do provide
information on known issues in our release notes please have a look at this.
Currently for Colibri iMX7 one will need to use native-mode to select the display timings.

Also make sure to configure backlight PWM properly, as documented here:
http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/capacitive-multi-touch-display-(linux)#Altering_the_Device_Tree

(Altering the Device Tree, sub chapter Colibri iMX7)