HDMI Input for Apalis-T30

Dear Toradex support. Is there a working adapter for HDMI input? I need to get HDMI input from external source and process it. Alternativly, can I somehow modify HDMI out port to work as input? I already tried B102 converter from auvidea, but it’s too much of the hassle to get it working.

Is there a working adapter for HDMI input?

If you are asking whether or not Toradex is selling any such I have to give you a negative answer. However we do have partner companies which have experience in designing such for you.

I need to get HDMI input from external source and process it. Alternatively, can I somehow modify HDMI out port to work as input?

No, HDMI output is completely different from HDMI input and there is no way one may accomplish this.

I already tried B102 converter from Auvidea, but it’s too much of the hassle to get it working.

What exact hassle are you talking about? Are you talking about the hardware or the software part of getting this working? As for the hardware yes one somewhat requires a custom PCB or at least a custom FFC cable allowing to connect it to e.g. one of our Apalis type specific Mezzanine boards or the new CSI enabled Ixora. However from the software side it should really not be that hard as you may find resp. drivers already integrated in our Apalis TK1 Embedded Linux kernel tree which may be easily ported to Apalis T30 as well.

Our camera partner Antmicro may also help you as they do have a lot of experience in exactly this use cases.